1. I’m a single mum to three gorgeous and talented teenagers / young adults.
Did I say talented?! These kids are constantly amazing me with their artistic talents and abilities. They’re kind of awesome really, and they make this single parenting gig a lot more enjoyable (most of the time!!) than I ever expected it to be.
2. The kids and I have recently moved from our country home to live just down the road (eight minutes drive!) from our favourite beach. I’m loving getting out for a beach walk and checking out the surf every afternoon. Beach living is SO good for the soul!!
3. I love to write! Most mornings my day starts with me journalling, spending an hour or so in my favourite office space, writing my ‘Morning Pages’.
From 2011 to 2015 I blogged (slow-blogged!) over at The Inspired Notebook. It’s been a while since I shared my writing but my dream biz and life includes me doing a LOT of this!!
4. Green Smoothies are my favourite drink. So much so that a few years back I wrote an ebook sharing tips, recipes and inspiration – from not just me but also a number of other green smoothie enthusiasts. If you’re new to green smoothies, or looking for some new ideas, you can check out my ebook, Gorgeous Green Smoothies, here.
5. It’s highly possible that I watch way too much Netflix. And Stan! And Hallmark movie romances! I even have a weekly FB or phone chat scheduled with one of my besties, to catch up on the latest episodes of The Bachelorette, Bachelor, Bachie in Paradise … I’ve probably said enough!! But it’s my downtime …
6. Speaking of downtime … this quote from John Lubbock is one of my all-time favourite quotes:
“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of water … is by no means a waste of time.”
7. I’m a total wannabe ‘raw foodie’! I adore raw desserts, healthy chocolate and cheesy kale chips and am slowly trying new recipes to add to my raw food repertoire.
8. It’s been a while but I love playing with fabrics, sewing and doing crafty things. My daughter and I recently went on a Spotlight shopping spree, buying wools and crochet hooks to make scarves. I’m almost finished my first scarf …
9. But I think I got distracted by a good book! Even better than Netflix, I love to read: novels, biz books, health books, money books, self-development … When we moved I packed up at least 10 boxes of books that I couldn’t bear to part with. The next home we build will have a lovely library, with bookshelf ladders!
10. It makes my heart sing to connect with other women in this online space. And to meet IRL (in real life!). Getting to blogging and biz conferences, connecting in Facebook groups and membership groups, sharing our stories, our biz ideas and dreams … it’s my happy place!!!
So that’s me!
I’d love to hear about you too. What are your biz and life dreams? What resources do you need to make them happen?
You can contact me here to share your story, your dreams, your questions …
I look forward to connecting with you!